Register to Vote
To Register To Vote You Must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you register and you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote. Be a resident of the county for at least 30 days before the election.
- Only be registered in one place.
- Not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction. You can obtain a mail registration form by calling 1-800-FOR-VOTE or your County Board of Election. Forms are also available at most government agencies and post offices. Complete the form and mail it to your County Board of Elections. You may also register in person at 7376 State Route 31, Suite 1200, Lyons, NY.
- NYS Voter Registration Form
If you have been convicted of a felony, you can register and vote, unless you are currently incarcerated or on parole. If you are on probation, you can register and vote. If you have been convicted only of a misdemeanor, you can register and vote. You do not need any special documentation to show that you are eligible to vote. Just use the same registration form that everyone else uses.
- If you move out of the County
- If you move within the county
- If you change your name
- If you change your party enrollment
Each year, 65 to 75 days before the General Election, all voters are sent a mail-check postcard from the Board of Elections verifying your current address. This card also indicates the location of your polling place for the General Election. Wayne County consolidates polling places for every primary. See Polling Sites from the main page. If you have any questions about the information provided, call your County Board of Elections. 315 946-7400
Primary Election: 12 Noon - 9 PM
General Election: 6 AM - 9 PM
Use the standard registration form. *Note: If you are already registered and are filing a change of enrollment, the change will not take effect until after the next November General Election.(according to NYS Election Law 5-304)
You must be enrolled in a recognized party (i.e., Democratic, Republican, Conservative, Green,Working Families, Independence, or Woman's Equality or Reform) and there must be a primary in the party in which you are enrolled.
40 North Pearl, Suite 5
Albany, NY 12207-2109