Resources to Hire, Train and Retain Your Workforce
Businesses throughout Wayne County are part of a competitive, fast-paced global economy where ever-improving technologies are the norm and competition is strong. As an Employer and business owner, it is important to keep your skills and the skills of your employees at peak Levels. Finger Lakes Works Wayne County offers a variety of services that can help your Competitive edge.
- On the Job Training (OJT) – 50% reimbursement of up to first sixteen weeks of wages paid out to eligible new hires up to $3,000. Training outline and contract are developed, prior to the start of training, to provide occupational training for eligible employee. Subject to pre-approval.
- Access to Online Job Posting Site -Post your openings, at no additional charge, with us. We can match your jobs with available job seekers.
- Labor Market information – The State provides the most accurate information available on wages, availability of skills and employment rate data available.
- Skill Assessments – We use the nationally recognized WorkKeys assessment, it has proven to help employers reduce turnover, increase ROI and improve productivity. $75 fee per assessment is charged to the employer.
- Proveit – Access to hundreds of occupational skill areas to assess an individual’s abilities. Assessments are computerized and results are given immediately upon completion.
If you are interested in any of these services contact John Celso, Business Services Representative, Workforce Development/Finger Lakes Works Phone: (315)946-7710, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org