Wayne Economic Development Corporation
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETINGS
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Wayne County Industrial Development Agency (“WCIDA”) and the Wayne Economic Development Corporation (“WEDC”) have scheduled concurrent Board of Directors meetings at 9:00 a.m. on the following dates for the year 2021: June 23, July 28, August 25, September 22, October 27, November 17, and December 15. Pursuant to the reduction in COVID-19 restrictions on public meetings and the increase in overall population vaccination, as announced by Governor Cuomo, these meetings will resume as in-person meetings. Members of the public wishing to attend should contact the Wayne County Economic Development and Planning Dept. at 315-946-5919 prior to the meeting. WCIDA meetings will continue to be live-streamed to the WCIDA’s YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4yGr6fEq4K2snhH5IwORcw, and a copy of the recorded meeting will be posted there for later viewing. Meeting minutes will be posted to the WCIDA home page at https://web.co.wayne.ny.us/index.php/wcida/agendas-and-minutes/.
Mission and Performance Goals
Our mission is to develop, promote and advance economic growth, well being and sustainable communities in Wayne County.
Meet targets set forth in Wayne County’s Economic Development Strategic Plan.
The purpose of the Wayne County Economic Development Strategic Plan is to provide a prioritized direction, in conjunction with input from businesses, citizens, and government, for the economic growth of Wayne County, utilizing a strategy and rationale for prioritization that businesses, government and citizens can understand and embrace.
- Support existing businesses through continuous outreach, inter-governmental partnerships, financial assistance, and initiatives to lower the cost of doing business in Wayne County and the State of New York
- Promote growth in targeted industry “clusters” by addressing individual needs of Agriculture, Manufacturing, Service, Optics, Equipment Manufacturing, Transportation/Distribution, Equipment Manufacturing, etc.
- Assess and invest in Infrastructure to meet the needs of industry when feasible and necessary.
- Expand workforce capabilities through strong partnerships with area educational, governmental, and business leaders to promote the advancement of the County’s skill-level.
- Promote Entrepreneurship through financial and technical assistance.
- Build effective partnerships with State, regional and local entities as well as other counties and private organizations to retain businesses and to promote economic development in Wayne County.
- Improve Communities through downtown revitalization and with a focus on community advancement.
WEDC Organizational Documents
Board & Staff Members Committees Duties & Responsibilities
WEDC Mission Statement
Certificate of Incorporation
Merger with WISDC
Policies – Follow This Link
Committee Members, Meeting Schedule & Minutes – Follow this link
Board of Directors
Chairman: David Spickerman
Vice Chairman: Ken Miller
Treasurer: Julie DiLella
Secretary: Kaye Stone-Gansz
Contracting Officer: Brian Pincelli
Compliance Officer: Kathleen Bronson
Assistant Treasurer: Jamie Corteville
Records Management Officer and Assistant Secretary: Deb Hall
9 Pearl Street
Lyons, NY 14489
WEDC Board of Directors
Meeting Dates, Agenda, Minutes and Attachments
*Please note at the date of posting these minutes have not yet been approved. The approved minutes of the meeting will be posted following board review at the next regularly scheduled meeting.
August 25, 2021
September 22, 2021
October 27, 2021
November 17, 2021
December 15, 2021
January 26, 2022
- 2020 Meeting Agenda and Minutes
- April 24, 2020
- 2019 Minutes
- 2018 Minutes
- April 27, 2018
- Meeting Not Held/No Quorum