Mission, Goals & Objectives
Our mission is to develop, promote and advance economic growth, well being and sustainable communities in Wayne County.
Meet targets set forth in Wayne County’s Economic Development Strategic Plan.
The purpose of the Wayne County Economic Development Strategic Plan is to provide a prioritized direction, in conjunction with input from businesses, citizens, and government, for the economic growth of Wayne County, utilizing a strategy and rationale for prioritization that businesses, government and citizens can understand and embrace.
- Support existing businesses through continuous outreach, inter-governmental partnerships, financial assistance, and initiatives to lower the cost of doing business in Wayne County and the State of New York
- Promote growth in targeted industry “clusters” by addressing individual needs of Agriculture, Manufacturing, Service, Optics, Equipment Manufacturing, Transportation/Distribution, Equipment Manufacturing, etc.
- Assess and invest in Infrastructure to meet the needs of industry when feasible and necessary.
- Expand workforce capabilities through strong partnerships with area educational, governmental, and business leaders to promote the advancement of the County’s skill-level.
- Promote Entrepreneurship through financial and technical assistance.
- Build effective partnerships with State, regional and local entities as well as other counties and private organizations to retain businesses and to promote economic development in Wayne County.
- Improve Communities through downtown revitalization and with a focus on community advancement.
What Is WEDC?
2017-OSC-WEDC Procurement Report
2017-OSC-WEDC Certified Financial Report
2017 OSC WEDC Annual Report
2017-OSC-WEDC Real Property report
2017 Assessment Of Internal Controls
2017 OSC WEDC investment report
2016 Assessment Of Internal Controls
2016 OSC WEDC annual report
2016 OSC WEDC Certified Financial audit
2016 OSC WEDC investment report
2016 OSC WEDC Procurement
WEDC – 2017 WEDC Scope Of Audit
WEDC – 2017 SAS 114 – Management Ltr
WEDC – 2017 SAS 115 – Internal Controls
WEDC – FS-12-31-17
WEDC – 2016 WEDC Scope Of Audit
WEDC – 2016 SAS 114 – Management Ltr
WEDC – 2016 SAS 115 – Internal Controls
WEDC Reissued– FS-12-31-16
David Spickerman – Chairman
Steven LeRoy – Vice-Chairman
Kaye Stone-Gansz – Secretary
Robert Havrilla – Treasurer
Julie Dilella – Assistant Treasurer
Tanya Hasseler – Assistant Secretary (ex-officio)
Brian Pincelli (ex-officio)
Brian Pincelli (ex-officio)
The Board of the Wayne Economic Development Corporation (the “WEDC”) will conduct regularly scheduled monthly meetings immediately following the Agency’s regularly scheduled meetings set-forth above at 9 Pearl Street, Lyons, New York 14489 on the following dates:
- February 23, 2018
- March 23, 2018
- June 22, 2018
- October 26, 2018
- November 16, 2018 – ***Changed to November 30, 2018***
- January 4, 2019 (annual meeting) – ***Changed to January 25 , 2019 (Annual Meeting)***
- *Please note at the date of posting these minutes have not yet been approved. The approved minutes of the meeting will be posted following board review at the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- 2019 Minutes
- 2018 Minutes
- April 27, 2018
- Meeting Not Held/No Quorum
- 2017 Minutes