Wayne Economic Development Corporation
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETINGS
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Wayne County Industrial Development Agency (“WCIDA”) and Wayne Economic Development Corporation (“WEDC”) have scheduled board meetings to be held at dates and times as described on their respective websites. Please note that due to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Emergency and related State and Federal bans on large meetings and gatherings, and pursuant to Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 202.1 issued on March 12, 2020, which provides for remote meeting capabilities under the Open Meetings Law, these meetings will be held electronically via conference call/ remote access instead of a public meeting open for the public to attend in person. Members of the public will be provided access to listen to this meeting via the WCIDA’s YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4yGr6fEq4K2snhH5IwORcw. A recording of the meeting will be saved and posted on the WCIDA website along with transcribed meeting minutes when available.
Mission and Performance Goals
Our mission is to develop, promote and advance economic growth, well being and sustainable communities in Wayne County.
Meet targets set forth in Wayne County’s Economic Development Strategic Plan.
The purpose of the Wayne County Economic Development Strategic Plan is to provide a prioritized direction, in conjunction with input from businesses, citizens, and government, for the economic growth of Wayne County, utilizing a strategy and rationale for prioritization that businesses, government and citizens can understand and embrace.
- Support existing businesses through continuous outreach, inter-governmental partnerships, financial assistance, and initiatives to lower the cost of doing business in Wayne County and the State of New York
- Promote growth in targeted industry “clusters” by addressing individual needs of Agriculture, Manufacturing, Service, Optics, Equipment Manufacturing, Transportation/Distribution, Equipment Manufacturing, etc.
- Assess and invest in Infrastructure to meet the needs of industry when feasible and necessary.
- Expand workforce capabilities through strong partnerships with area educational, governmental, and business leaders to promote the advancement of the County’s skill-level.
- Promote Entrepreneurship through financial and technical assistance.
- Build effective partnerships with State, regional and local entities as well as other counties and private organizations to retain businesses and to promote economic development in Wayne County.
- Improve Communities through downtown revitalization and with a focus on community advancement.
WEDC Organizational Documents
Board & Staff Members Committees Duties & Responsibilities
WEDC Mission Statement
Certificate of Incorporation
Merger with WISDC
Policies – Follow This Link
Committee Members, Meeting Schedule & Minutes – Follow this link
Board of Directors
Chairman: David Spickerman
Vice Chairman: Ken Miller
Treasurer: Julie DiLella
Secretary: Kaye Stone-Gansz
Contracting Officer: Brian Pincelli
Compliance Officer: Kathleen Bronson
Assistant Treasurer: Jamie Corteville
Records Management Officer and Assistant Secretary: Tanya Hasseler
9 Pearl Street
Lyons, NY 14489
WEDC Board of Directors
Meeting Dates, Agenda, Minutes and Attachments
*Please note at the date of posting these minutes have not yet been approved. The approved minutes of the meeting will be posted following board review at the next regularly scheduled meeting.
May 26, 2021
June 23, 2021
July 28, 2021
August 25, 2021
September 22, 2021
October 27, 2021
November 17, 2021
December 15, 2021
January 26, 2022
- 2020 Meeting Agenda and Minutes
- April 24, 2020
- 2019 Minutes
- 2018 Minutes
- April 27, 2018
- Meeting Not Held/No Quorum