Local Governmental Unit
Phone: (315) 946-5722
Fax: (315) 946-5726
The Wayne County Local Governmental Unit operates under NYS Mental Hygiene Law, coordinating the local provision of services for Mental Health, Substance Abuse, and services to the developmentally disabled. The Local Governmental Unit operates under the auspices of its Community Services Board to oversee and ensure the provision of preventive, habilitation, rehabilitation, and treatment services in Wayne County. Paul Pfrommer is the Chair of the Community Services Board.
- Oversight of Assisted Outpatient Treatment (Kendra’s Law)
- Coordination with the NYS Office of Mental Health
- Coordination with the Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS)
- Coordination with the Office of Persons With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD)
- Dispersal of NYS Funding of Mental Hygiene Services
- Oversight of Emergency Psychiatric Evaluations
- Advocacy on behalf of community mental hygiene needs
- Receipt of grievances and concerns regarding provision of mental
LGU Office Hours: Monday- Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM. Closed holidays.
Follow these links to visit the websites of fellow agencies collaboratively
supported by the Wayne County Local Governmental Unit’s Department
of Mental Hygiene: