DSS continues to be open to respond to immediate needs and requests for assistance.
Please note: we will close our facility to the general public from noon-1:00 pm each weekday in order to sanitize our waiting areas and interview rooms, so that we can help keep visitors safe.
To help meet the needs of our community:
- We have installed a secure lock box at the main entrance to our facility so that applicants or active recipients can drop off essential documentation.
- We will check this drop box regularly to assure that your documents and your case receive prompt attention.
- We are providing special instructions for the types of assistance you may need due to the current State of Emergency: DSS Special Instructions
- Additionally, applications for assistance can be submitted by email to the following firstname.lastname@example.org
- Persons with general questions or questions regarding their case are encouraged to contact the agency at 315.946.4881.
Thank you for your patience.
To apply for SNAP online, please visit: www.mybenefits.ny.gov
The Mission of the Wayne County Department of Social Services is:
TO SERVE the Wayne County community with dignity, empathy and efficiency
TO RESPOND to those with financial needs while promoting their self-sufficiency
TO ENSURE the safety and healthy development of children and vulnerable adults
TO SUSTAIN family relationships through support and recognition of families’ resiliency, inherent strengths and capacity to change
TO PARTNER with our community to meet present and future needs of our residents
Ellen Wayne Ed.D.
Commissioner Of Social Service
77 Water St.
P.O. Box 10
Lyons, NY 14489
Hours of Operation:
8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
After Hours Emergency:
(Food & Shelter)
Wayne County Sheriff’s Office