- In the United States, anyone accused of committing crime is entitled to be defended in a court of law by an attorney.
- In order to qualify for public defense services, we ask that everyone complete a Financial Application. This form helps us determine whether an individual falls within our financial guidelines.
- You must have a criminal charge pending in Wayne County in order to use our services.
- You do not have to be a resident of Wayne County in order to use our services.
- To verify eligibility, please bring the completed form to the Public Defender’s Office or come to the Public Defender’s Office to fill out the financial application.
Public Defender’s Office
26 Church Street, 2nd Floor
Lyons, New York 14489