The Wayne County Public Defender Office is Re-Opening Monday May 18th 2020
After being closed since March due to the COVID-19 emergency, the Wayne County Public Defender Office will resume operations with certain modifications and limitations.
- We will be available by phone at 315-946-7472 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.
- For those clients who have already made their first appearance in Court (including at the Centralized Arraignment court at the jail) and been assigned to our office, we will continue to automatically open files without the need to fill out financial qualification paperwork. We will be in touch with you, first by phone, and by mail if necessary, to set up a phone conference meeting with your assigned lawyer prior to your court date.
- If you believe there is a need to physically come into the office, please call first and see if the matter can be handled over the phone. If you do come to our location, a facial covering is required in order to enter the building.
- DO NOT COME TO OUR OFFICE IF YOU ARE DISPLAYING SYMPTOMS OF ANY ILLNESS.
As of today’s date, it appears all County Court and Town and Village Court appearances have been delayed until after the second week in June. Unfortunately, we have no further specifics about those court dates at this time.
If you have already had your case assigned to a Public Defender attorney and would like to speak to that lawyer, please call in and a phone appointment can be arranged if the lawyer is not available to talk at the time of your call.
Thank you for your patience while we all continue to work together to end the spread of COVID-19.
Andrew D. Correia, Esq.– Public Defender 5/14/2020
- The Wayne County Public Defender’s Office is a county agency which provides legal services to individuals in Wayne County that have been charged with committing a crime and cannot afford a lawyer.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
Wayne County Court House
26 Church Street
Lyons, NY 14489
Fax: (315) 946-7478
Monday – Friday
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.