NYS Voter Registration Form:
To Register To Vote You Must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Is at least sixteen (16) years old when he or she submits an application to pre-register to vote which will be effective for elections occurring on or after the applicant turns eighteen (18) years of age and be a resident of the county to which application is made.
- Be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you register and you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote. Be a resident of the county for at least 30 days before the election.
- Only be registered in one place.
- Not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction (unless parolee pardoned or restored rights of citizenship). You can obtain a mail registration form by calling 1-800-FOR-VOTE or your County Board of Election. Forms are also available at most government agencies and post offices. Complete the form and mail it to your County Board of Elections. You may also register in person at 7376 State Route 31, Suite 1200, Lyons, NY.
Voter’s Rights Concerning Felony Convictions
If you have been convicted of a felony, you can register and vote, unless you are currently incarcerated or on parole. If you are on probation, you can register and vote. If you have been convicted only of a misdemeanor, you can register and vote. You do not need any special documentation to show that you are eligible to vote. Just use the same registration form that everyone else uses.
- If you move out of the County
- If you move within the county
- If you change your name
- If you change your party enrollment
Each year, 65 to 75 days before the Primary Election, all voters are sent a mail-check postcard from the Board of Elections verifying your current address. This card also indicates the location of your polling place for the Election. Wayne County consolidates polling places for every primary. See Polling Sites from the main page. If you have any questions about the information provided, call your County Board of Elections. 315 946-7400
All Elections : 6 AM – 9 PM
Use the standard registration form. New law passed in late September 2019, allowing voters to change their enrollment upon demand except for between February 15 through seven days after the June Primary Election.
You must be enrolled in a recognized party (i.e., Democratic, Republican, Conservative, Working Families, Green, Libertarian, Independence, or SAM) and there must be a primary in the party in which you are enrolled.
40 North Pearl, Suite 5
Albany, NY 12207-2109