Absentee Application

If you will be absent from your county on election day because of your occupation, business, vacation, studies, or health issues, you can request an absentee ballot by completing the absentee application. You may also vote by absentee ballot if you are ill or have a disability.

Persons who are permanently ill or disabled may receive an absentee ballot for all future elections by filing only one application. You will then be sent an absentee ballot for every primary, special or general election for which you qualify for as a voter.

If you are calling or applying by mail, you must do so at least seven days before the election.

If you are applying in person, you may do so up to and including the day before the election.

Absentee ballot must be returned to us with a postmark no later than the day before the election.

If you need further instructions, please call our office at 315 946-7400.

Our office requires an original copy of the absentee application (fax or email not accepted) on file before issuing the absentee ballot.

Military Voters

Persons serving in the Military, along with their spouses and/or dependents, may register as a military voter in New York, entitling them to receive an absentee ballot for all federal state and local races that they would be otherwise entitled to vote in if they were to go to their assigned polling place based on their New York residence.

Visit NYS Board of Election for further detailed information

Federal Post Card Application  for Military and Overseas (Federal) Voters

Absentee Application

Add Comment