Click on image to view a larger photo

  • Willard H. Brownson

    Admiral Willard H. Brownson 1845 – 1935

  • Village Smithy

    “Village Smithy” – float of Lads and Lassies 4H club, Alloway, in parade commemorating the 135th Anniversary of Lyons, NY, June 30, 1966. Boy with tall hat is Bob Frind.

  • G.A.R.

    Post. Col. A.D. Adams, G.A.R., No. 153, Lyons, NY. Ca 1895

  • Plaque

    Plaque commemorating the first settlers in Wayne County: “LANDING OF FIRST SETTLERS In May 1789, Nicholas and William Stansell and John Featherly, Their Wives and Children, Coming From the Mohawk Valley by Water Piloted by Hendrick Wemple, Pioneer Indian Trader Debarked and Tied Their Bateaux to an Elm Tree Which Stood on the North Bank of the Clyde River About Seven Rods East of This Bridge These Three Families Settled on the High Land One Half Mile Directly South of This Spot” Monument erected by the Lyons Civic Club.

  • Plaque

    Plaque commemorating the landing of the first settlers who came to Wayne County, the Stansell and Featherly families. The Stansells and Featherlys landed on the bank of the Clyde River in Lyons in May of 1789.

  • Lisette C. Hotchkiss Parshall

    Lisette C. Hotchkiss Parshall, 1840-1913

  • Myron C. Taylor

    Myron C. Taylor

  • Erie Canal

    “Lock 55 Erie Canal”, Lyons

  • Museum

    Wayne County Museum, 21 Butternut Street, Lyons

  • Post Office

    Lyons Post Office, Pearl Street, Lyons

  • Erie Canal

    Erie Canal, looking east toward Lyons, from bridge on County House Road, town of Arcadia

  • Courthouse

    Wayne County Courthouse, Lyons

  • Church

    Grace Episcopal Church, Lyons. Completed in 1840, the church is constructed of gray limestone and build in a modified Gothic design.

  • Jerry Collins

    Jerry Collins, former Wayne County Sheriff, Lyons

  • Oil Company

    H.G. Hotchkiss Essential Oil Company.

(* Listed on New York State and National Registers of Historical Places)

Add Comment