- What’s New in the Aging Department
- 2018 Annual Report
- Aide Resume – Are you looking for rewarding work that you can do as a part time job or in addition to a job you already have? We send out these aide resumes to hundreds of people across the county who are looking for help in their homes.
- Share your Opinion – Help us to develop our strategic plan by weighing in on areas of concern for seniors and their caregivers through this brief Survey Monkey Survey.
- Medicare 101: An introductory class for people who are new to Medicare or who may have had Medicare for a while, but never understood it. We review what Medicare is, how someone gets Medicare, what the different options are for coverage under the Medicare program and where people can go for extra help either with costs or understanding coverage.
- Lunch and Learn: During the Spring and Summer, we are hosting different presentations at our Lunch Club 60s across the county. In April, The Alzheimer’s Association will be presenting on “Know the 10 Signs” of Alzheimer’s and other dementias. In May, we will be having a Town Hall/Focus Group meeting at each site to get feedback regarding the county’s senior services and also doing an evaluation of our Lunch Club program. In June, paramedics from our Advanced Life Support Department in the county will do a presentation on what to do in an emergency AFTER you call 911 to make it the smoothest possible experience for when the ambulance crews come. In July, we will be doing a presentation on Medication management and discussing strategies for tracking and taking medications as prescribed. Tools and tips will be provided. Contact the center you would like to attend to register (https://web.co.wayne.ny.us/index.php/ageyouth/find-a-lunch-club-60-near-you/). If you would like to stay for lunch, let them know when you call. Presentations start at 11:00.
Programs and Services
- Community and Caregiver Services
- Aide Service
- Caregiver Support
- Case Management
- Personal Emergency Response System
- Insurance and NY Connects
- Case Assistance
- Insurance Counseling
- Legal Assistance
- Care Transition Program
- NYConnects: Your Link to Long Term Services and Supports
- Health, Nutrition and Wellness
- Senior Centers
I would like to receive the Three Score Newsletter:
- Please add me to your mailing list
- Download the most recent edition
- Services for Older Adults
Our agency serves as the link between seniors and the agencies that serve them. Most programs/services are offered on a contribution basis. No service is denied because of inability or unwillingness to contribute. Some programs operate on a “cost share” basis, where the client pays a portion of the cost according to his/her income.
Funding for these programs is provided by Wayne County, the New York State Office for the Aging, the Federal Older Americans Act, and private contributions.