- Social Services
- Services Available
- Day Care Assistance
Day Care Assistance
Income Eligible Child Care Assistance
Child Care Assistance help parents/guardians who are striving to be self-sufficient by giving them choices in childcare arrangements and by helping them pay for quality childcare. Examples of individuals who might be eligible for Child Care Assistance include:
- Assist them in transitioning from temporary assistance to employment.
- Support children while their parent/guardian participates in drug, alcohol, or mental health services.
- Assist low-income, working families maintain employment by paying a portion of childcare costs.
- Assist custodians/guardians of youth.
- Assistance may be available for certain eligible parents or caretakers to enable him or her to work or attend approved educational activities.
- If you are currently a recipient of Temporary Assistance from Wayne County DSS, please call your examiner to discuss if you are eligible for Child Care Assistance.
- If you are not currently a recipient of Temporary Assistance but believe that you might want/need to apply for Temporary Assistance, please visit our TA-specific site.
- If you are not eligible to receive Temporary Assistance but still need Child Care Assistance, please click on the links below or call the Department of Social Services at 315-946-4881, Option 2, Option 4 to request a Child Care Application packet.
Complete the cover page with application OCFS-6025 and send it along with the required documents to:
Department of Social Services
Child Care Unit
77 Water St.
P.O. Box 10
Lyons, NY 14489
For assistance locating a child care provider, please visit The Child Care Council website.
For additional information on Child Care Income Guidelines and Market Rates,
please visit the State Office of Children and Family Services website.