Income Eligible Childcare Subsidies
Childcare subsidies help parents/guardians who are striving to be self-sufficient by giving them choices in childcare arrangements and by helping them pay for quality childcare. Examples of individuals who might be eligible for Childcare subsidy/ assistance include:
- Assist them in transitioning from temporary assistance to employment.
- Support children while their parent/guardian participates in drug, alcohol or mental health services.
- Assist low-income, working families maintain employment by paying a portion of childcare costs.
- Assist custodians/guardians of youth.
- If you are currently a recipient of temporary assistance from Wayne County DSS, please call your examiner to discuss whether you are eligible for childcare assistance.
- If you are not currently a recipient of temporary assistance but believe that you might want/need to apply, please visit our TA-specific site.
- If you are not eligible to receive temporary assistance but still need childcare assistance, please review this letter for instructions regarding what additional information/documentation you must gather. Then click on the “Child Care Application” link below or call the Department of Social services at 315-946-4881 to request a Child Care Application packet.
Please note: an eligible childcare provider must be used. For clarification and more details regarding day care assistance, please review this information sheet.
Complete the Application and the Wayne County Cover Sheet. Then send it and the required documents to:
Department of Social Services
Childcare Unit 77 Water St.
P.O. Box 10
Lyons, NY 14489