Wayne County Agriculture Development Board
- Karen Ambroz, Director, Real Property Tax Service, Walworth
- Elizabeth Claypoole, Executive Director, Cornell Cooperative Extension, Palmyra
- Bob Deemer, Apiary, Arcadia (2020)
- Luke DeFisher, Chairman, Apple Farm, Cidery, Williamson (2022)
- Mike Frederes, Crop Farm, Walworth (2022)
- Lindsey Gerstenslager, Executive Director, Soil and Water District, Lyons
- Ethan Humbert, Crop Farm, Rose (2021)
- Susie Jacobs, Secretary, Town Supervisor, Walworth (2021)
- Ora Rothfuss III, Ag Development Specialist, Planning, Rose
- Frank Teeple, Fruit Farm, Huron (2021)
- Vacant Position, (2020)
Members of the Agriculture and Farmland Protection Board are appointed by the Wayne County Board of Supervisors to 4-year terms. Six of the positions are at-large positions and at least four are filled by farm business owners. There may be a representation of a land trust on the Board. There are 5 statutory positions- Board of Supervisors, Cornell Cooperative Extension, Real Property Tax Service, Soil and Water Conservation District, and Planning. The term ends on December 31st of the year listed by each member's name.
The Agriculture Development Board was originally named the Agriculture and Farmland Protection Board. Besides being a cumbersome title, the Board felt the title implied that its primary goal was to purchase development rights. The new Board name, adopted in 2003, reflects our commitment to a creating positive climate for profitable and rewarding farm businesses.
The Wayne County Agricultural Development Board is responsible for fostering agriculture business and developing county agricultural policy. Other responsibilities include implementing and updating the County Agriculture and Farmland Protection Plan, assisting in the review of the County Agricultural districts, providing responses to Notice of Intent proceedings from the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets (NYSDAM).