Civic Facility Development Corporation (CFDC)
Wayne County Civic Facility Development Corporation (CFDC) was established as a not-for-profit local development corporation of the State with the authority and power to own, lease, and sell personal and real property for the purposes of, among other things, acquiring, constructing, and equipping certain projects exclusively in furtherance of the charitable or public purposes of relieving and reducing unemployment, promoting and providing for additional and maximum employment, bettering and maintaining job opportunities, instructing or training individuals to improve or develop their capabilities for such jobs, by encouraging the development of, or retention of, an industry in the community or area, and lessening the burdens of government and acting in the public interest.
Our mission is to support the operation of not-for-profit corporations and institutions in Wayne County to increase employment opportunities for its residents, relieve and reduce unemployment, lessen the burdens of government, serving as Wayne County's designated on behalf of issuers of bonds, notes, and other support for projects undertaken by not-for-profit corporation and institutions within the County.
- Support community-based initiatives to promote job creation and fulfill the essential needs of municipalities.
- Assess and invest in infrastructure to meet the needs of industry and the Community when feasible and necessary.
- Expand workforce capabilities through strong partnerships with area educational, governmental, and business leaders to promote the advancement of the County's skill level.
- Build effective partnerships with State, regional and local entities as well as other counties and private organizations to retain businesses and to promote economic development in Wayne County.
- Improve Communities through downtown revitalization and with a focus on community advancement.
Notice of Open Meetings
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that in compliance with the Laws of NYS of 2022, through an amendment to chapter 417 of the laws of 2021 and in relation to the continuing COVID-19 state disaster emergency, the following public agency herein provides notice that the Wayne County Civic Facility Development Corporation (the “WCCFDC”) will conduct regularly scheduled meetings immediately following the WCIDA and WEDC regularly scheduled meetings set-forth above in-person at 9 Pearl Street, Lyons, New York 14489 and also simultaneously via videoconferencing until the end of the COVID-19 state disaster emergency declaration on the following dates: March 23, 2021; October 26, 2022; December 14, 2022; and January 25, 2023.
Members of the public wishing to attend should contact the Wayne County Economic Development and Planning Dept. at 315-946-5919 prior to the meeting.