Wayne Economic Development Corporation (WEDC)
Notice of Open Meetings
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Wayne County Industrial Development Agency (“Agency”) and the Wayne Economic Development Corporation (“WEDC”) have scheduled concurrent Board of Directors meetings at 9:00 a.m. The annual organizational meeting will be held January 26, 2022. The remaining 2022 meeting dates will be determined at that meeting.
Pursuant to recent changes in the Open Meetings Law of the State of New York, the following public agencies known as the Wayne County Industrial Development Agency (the “Agency”) and the Wayne Economic Development Corporation (the “WEDC”) will offer in-person assembly as well as a videoconferencing option to conduct their regularly scheduled monthly meetings. Members of the public are able to attend either in person at 9 Pearl Street, 2nd Floor Conference Room, Lyons, New York 14489 or via Zoom videoconferencing at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86428877310.
Members of the public wishing to attend should contact the Wayne County Economic Development and Planning Dept. at 315-946-5919 prior to the meeting.
Agenda and Meeting minutes will be posted to the WEDC Agendas and Minutes.
Our mission is to develop, promote and advance economic growth, well-being, and sustainable communities in Wayne County.
Our performance goals are to meet targets set forth in Wayne County's Economic Development Strategic Plan. These are:
- Provide a prioritized direction, in conjunction with input from businesses, citizens, and government, for the economic growth of Wayne County, utilizing a strategy and rationale for prioritization that businesses, government, and citizens can understand and embrace
- Support existing businesses through continuous outreach, inter-governmental partnerships, financial assistance, and initiatives to lower the cost of doing business in Wayne County and the State of New York
- Promote growth in targeted industry "clusters" by addressing individual needs of Agriculture, Manufacturing, Service, Optics, Equipment Manufacturing, Transportation/Distribution, Equipment Manufacturing, etc.
- Assess and invest in infrastructure to meet the needs of the industry when feasible and necessary.
- Expand workforce capabilities through strong partnerships with area educational, governmental, and business leaders to promote the advancement of the County's skill-level
- Promote Entrepreneurship through financial and technical assistance
- Build effective partnerships with State, regional and local entities as well as other counties and private organizations to retain businesses and to promote economic development in Wayne County
- Improve Communities through downtown revitalization and with a focus on community advancement