- Workforce Development
The Finger Lakes Works Career Center consists of the Wayne County Department of Workforce Development One-Stop Center and the New York State Division of Employment Services. We are a cooperative effort with partners in the Finger Lakes Works Workforce Development System in the four-county Finger Lakes region. Job seekers and employers are served in programs supported by Title I of the Workforce Investment Act. The department also contracts with the Wayne County Department of Social Services to operate their employment programs.
For information regarding the 2022-23 Temporary Assistance and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Employment Plan, please click here.
Workforce Investment Act Programs
In partnership with the Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board and other area agencies, this program provides a wide variety of activities to assist adults and dislocated workers through core, intensive and training services.
To address a four county effort advancing the economic well being of individuals and businesses of the region.
To fully integrate a customer driven system that advances the economic well-being of the Finger Lakes Region and assures employers of the skilled workforce by achieving the following goals:
- Enhancing existing services
- Ensuring access to Information and services across individual agency and county lines
- Minimizing duplication
- Identifying the gaps in services
- Fostering collaboration of resources
- Holding all stakeholders to common quality standards that support local goals
- Linking the school-to-Career effort with Workforce Development efforts