Veterans Service Agency
To assist veterans and their families in identifying and applying for benefits they are entitled to as a result of their military service.
Why use a Veteran Service Officer?
Wayne County Veterans Service Agency has one director, and one Veteran Service Officer and their services are FREE.
Veteran Service Officers will help you navigate the Department of Veterans Affairs benefits process: we will assist with gathering necessary information, filing, and tracking you claim for benefits through the VA system. Our Veteran Service Officers can also assist with filing appeals and denied claims.
We strongly recommend that you make use of the services provided. Our expertise can help you avoid delays that missing paperwork or improperly filled out claim forms can cause.
- Aid and Attendance
- Awards and Medals
- Burial Benefits
- Civil Service Veterans Credits
- Dependency Indemnity Compensation (DIC)
- Education Benefits
- Home Loan Guaranty
- Hunting / Fishing licenses
- Health Care benefits
- New York State Real Property Tax Exemption
- New York State Park Pass
- Non-Service Connected Pension
- Replacement of Lost Documents
- VA Insurance
- Spousal Death Pension
Wayne County Veterans Service Agency has two transportation options.
- On Mondays and Wednesdays, our Agency bus will pick you up at home and bring you to your medical appointments at Canandaigua VAMC.
- On Thursdays and Fridays, our Agency bus will pick you up and bring you to your medical appointments at Syracuse VAMC.
All transports MUST be arranged in advance to ensure adequate room on our vehicles. Please call our driver Jair at 315-946-5995 to be added to the schedule.
Separation Papers / DD214s
If you have lost or misplaced your separation papers/DD214 it is possible we may have a copy on file in the office for you. Our offices stores thousands of Wayne County Veterans; records from WWII to now. If we don't have it here we can help you obtain a copy from the National Personnel Records Center.
To stay up to date with our Agency, please follow our Facebook page