Veterans Service Agency

Our Mission:

To assist veterans and their families in identifying and applying for benefits they are entitled to as a result of their military service.

Why use a Veteran Service Officer?

Wayne County Veterans Service Agency has one director, and two Veteran Service Officer and their services are FREE.  

Veteran Service Officers will help you navigate the Department of Veterans Affairs benefits process: we will assist with gathering necessary information, filing, and tracking you claim for benefits through the VA system. Our Veteran Service Officers can also assist with filing appeals for denied claims.

We strongly recommend that you make use of the services provided. 

Available Benefits

  • Aid and Attendance
  • Awards and Medals
  • Burial Benefits
  • Civil Service Veterans Credits
  • Dependency Indemnity Compensation (DIC)
  • Education Benefits
  • Home Loan Guaranty
  • Hunting / Fishing licenses
  • Health Care benefits
  • New York State Real Property Tax Exemption
  • New York State Park Pass
  • Non-Service Connected Pension
  • Replacement of Lost Documents
  • VA Insurance
  • Spousal Death Pension


Wayne County Veterans Service Agency currently has one transportation option.

On Mondays and Wednesdays, the RTS bus will pick you up at home and bring you to your medical appointments at Canandaigua VAMC.

Transportation to Syracuse is temporarily unavailable at this time.

All transports MUST be arranged at least two weeks in advance to ensure adequate room on the bus. Please call RTS at 315-946-5617 to be added to the schedule.

Separation Papers / DD214s

If you have lost or misplaced your separation papers/DD214 it is possible we may have a copy on file in the office for you. Our offices stores thousands of Wayne County Veterans; records from WWII to now. If we don't have it here we can help you obtain a copy from the National Personnel Records Center.

 To stay up to date with our Agency, please follow our Facebook page