Insurance & NY Connects
The Department of Aging and Youth is an excellent resource for unbiased information about a variety of health, prescription, and long-term care insurance options. Our experienced insurance counselors can help you compare policies to find the ones that meet your coverage and pricing needs. This service is offered at no cost, but donations are appreciated.
2022 Plan Information
These are summaries of information provided by Medicare and the plans online. Be sure to verify benefits with the plan directly. View the plans:
- 2022 Plan information
- Part D
- Supplemental Plans
- In addition to the information sheets above, check out our Medicare 101 Class video on YouTube and some additional handouts that we provide people in our classes. The class schedule is above. Classes are free, just call ahead to let us know you are coming.
- A Quick Look at Medicare (PDF); Resumen Corto sobre Medicare (español) (PDF)
- Read the Extra Help (with drug costs) article online
- Read the Medicare Savings Program (help with Part B) article online
- Medigap Plan Benefits-2019 (PDF)
- Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC) application (PDF)
- Medicare Preventive Services (PDF)
- My Medicare Account Information (PDF); Visite MiMedicare.gov (español) (PDF)
- Medicare - Getting Started (PDF); Medicare - Comencemos (español) (PDF)
- Coordination of Benefits Information (PDF) (for people with other insurances, including Worker's Comp or COBRA)
NY Connects: Your Link to Long Term Services & Supports
NY Connects is part of a statewide initiative to provide a single, coordinated system for accessing the spectrum of long-term care services. Long-term care includes everything from home-delivered meals and transportation options to aide service and care at a nursing home. We assess an individual's needs, match these needs with community resources, and assist the senior or a family member with arranging appropriate services. Learn about what levels of care are available, how to research services and facilities, how to pay for long-term care and other important issues. Services are provided at no cost.