- Patrick Skelly, Director
7376 Rt. 31, Suite 1300Lyons, NY 14489
The Veterans Agency provides in depth counseling and follow-up service on all benefits claims for veterans, their dependents and children.
Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. For an appointment or more information please call. 315-946-5993
Van transportation is for medical appointments only. Please call as soon as you know you have an appointment as space on the van is limited.
Van runs to Syracuse
RT 31 South M/W/F Macedon/Palmyra/Newark/Lyons/Clyde/Savannah
RT 104 North T/TH/F Wayne/Marion/Ontario/Williamson/Walworth/Huron/Sodus Center/Alton/Wolcott/N. Rose/Rose/Red Creek
Transportation to Canandaigua is provided by WATS
For information you can call 1-888-823-9656 or visit the Veterans Administration online.
If you have lost or misplaced your separation papers/DD214 it is possible we may have a copy on file in the office for you. Our offices stores thousands of Wayne County Veterans; records from WWII to now. If we don't have it here we can help you obtain a copy from the National Personnel Records Center.
- Mexican Border: May 9, 1916 through April 5, 1917. (Eligibility requires 90 or more days of service in Mexico, on the border of Mexico, or the waters adjacent thereto.)
- World War I: April 6, 1917 to November 11, 1918. If a veteran served with the United States military forces in Russia, the ending date is April 1, 1920
- World War II: December 7, 1941 through December 31, 1946
- Korea: June 27, 1950 through January 31, 1955
- Vietnam: August 5, 1964 through May 7, 1975
- Persian Gulf: August 2, 1990 to date to be set by law or Presidential Proclamation
Benefits are also offered to those who received an expeditionary medal for service in:
- Lebanon: June 1, 1983 through December 1, 1987
- Grenada: October 23, 1983 through November 21, 1983
- Panama: December 20, 1989 through January 31, 1990
Property Tax Reduction
Veterans and their surviving spouses maybe eligible for reduction on their county and town taxes provided the Veteran in question served during a war-time period. Additional deductions may apply for combat and disabled Veterans.