- Is your child's car seat correctly installed?
- Is your child in the right car seat?
- Are you expecting a baby, but can't afford to buy a new car seat? (Must meet income eligibility requirements)
Wayne County residents who would like to have their child's car seat inspected or who are interested in finding out if they qualify for the free distribution program, please call 315-946-5749.
Car Seat Inspections
- Certified technicians will look at your child's car seat to make sure you are using it correctly and that it's safe for your child.
- If the seat is not safe it will be replaced - free of charge.
- This is a free program open to all Wayne County residents and there are no income guidelines.
- Free car seats are available to Wayne County parents who cannot afford to purchase one.
- To qualify for this program, you must use services from DSS, Medicaid, Food Stamps, WIC or show proof that you have limited income.
Please Remember ...
- Public Health reserves the right to limit the number of seats given to each child.
- In order for a new seat to be given, the child must be present.
- You must make an appointment.
Call 315-946-5749 For An Appointment
This program is funded through a grant from the NYS Governor's Traffic Safety Committee and Wayne County Public Health.